What is being done in my local area?

  • You can find out which trials or research projects are ongoing in your local area by talking to your doctor or health care team.
  • Some hospitals are involved in more research than others, and the trials change on a regular basis as studies close and new trials begin.
  • Your health care team can advise you about what research studies you may be eligible for, as they can have quite specific criteria for entry.
  • In the Newcastle area, for example, several bronchiectasis studies are being carried out at the Sir William Leech Centre for Lung Research, in the Freeman Hospital.
  • Patient participation in research projects helps increase our knowledge, so if you have bronchiectasis and can spare some time to help with research, please get in touch. Projects range from single visits to a number of visits over a few months. 

For more details if you live in the Newcastle area contact the research department at the Sir William Leech Centre for Lung Research at the Freeman Hospital:

Tel: 0191 223 1148.

To find out about research in your local area, ask your health care team.

Back to top